What are dermal fillers?
There are various types of fillers that when injected into the skin cause an immediate skin plumping. The type of fillers we use at Phenix Health are hyaluronic acid fillers, which give immediate improvement after they are injected. These fillers last 4-12 months disappearing gradually as the body metabolizes the filler material.
Fillers physically fill the space where wrinkle lines are. Most commonly used agents, hyaluronic acid fillers, are placed in the middle layer of the skin and help to lessen the appearance of static wrinkle (those wrinkles that don’t move, such as smile lines). These agents can last for up to 9 months and stimulate your skin to produce more collagen, which in the long term makes the lines appear smoother.
Dermal fillers can be used to fix a variety of concerns related to facial aging, including:
- Adding volume and smoothing out the deep creases that run from the nose to the mouth (called nasolabial folds or laugh lines).
- Plumping thin lips and smoothing out vertical lines around the edges of the lips.
- Augmenting cheeks to enhance their shape, often restoring youthful fullness.
- Filling out depressions (hollows) under the eye area.
- Making indented scars from acne more even with surrounding skin.
- Increasing volume to fill out gauntness in the lower cheek or temple area, which most often occurs due to fat pads shifting beneath the surface of skin.