Phenix Health Pty Ltd ABN 22 607 822 266 a solely Australian owned and operated company providing virtual health consultations
Websites: www.phenixhealth.com.au www.phenixdigital.io www.phenixhealth.com
Commitment to Your Privacy
This Statement sets out how we handle personal information in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act and other laws that protect the privacy of individuals.
Privacy Act (1988)
Australian Privacy Principles (APP)
Handling of Health Information
Phenix Health provides a virtual health service. This involves: general practitioner (GP), specialist, allied health professionals, or pharmacist providing a patient, guardian or carer with a telehealth consultation via phone or video. This telehealth consult may involve:
- diagnosing illness;
- assessing, maintaining or improving an individual’s physical or psychological health;
- Managing an individuals health;
- Recording an individual’s health to assess, maintain, improve or manage it;
- A pharmacist dispensing prescription drugs or medication; and
- Delivering medication.
Personal identification information
We may collect:
- Personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, make an appointment, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, download our APPs, features or resources we make available on our site.
- Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, date of birth, email address, mailing address, phone number.
- Financial information such as Medicare card or concessional card numbers, private health insurance and credit card information.
- Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
- Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
- personal information that may be used in order to facilitate a consultation within our platform or with our health professionals or administrative team.
- Information relevant to your health from a parent, guardian, carer or nominated responsible person.
- and receive information from other health care providers, specialists, hospitals or government agencies, pathology and radiology and referrals from other healthcare organisations.
- Share information to government agencies as demanded (eg: Department of Health and Department of Veteran Affairs Department of Social Services, Workcover, Centrelink, Medicare and government hospitals and home care services (AMDS and NDIS).
Non-personal identification information
We may collect:
- Non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site.
- Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
- We may communicate with you via our APP, SMS to your nominated mobile phone, social media, online chats via our website, telephone calls or emails.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Phenix Health may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our site – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We may use the information Users provide about themselves when making an appointment only to provide service for that appointment. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. We use Paypal and accept Credit Card payments.
- To send periodic emails – We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their appointment. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our site.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Health Information
You have the following rights regarding the PHI maintained by Phenix Health:
- Confidential communication. You have the right to receive confidential communications of your PHI. You may request that Phenix Health communicate with you through alternate means or at an alternate location, and Phenix Health will accommodate your reasonable requests. You must submit your request in writing to Phenix Health. To submit such a request, email email@example.com.
- Restrictions. You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PHI for treatment, payment or healthcare operations. You also have the right to request that Phenix Health restrict its disclosures of PHI to only certain individuals involved in your care or the payment of your care. You must submit your request in writing to Phenix Health. Phenix Health is not required to comply with your request. However, if Phenix Health agrees to comply with your request, it will be bound by such agreement, except when otherwise required by law or in the event of an emergency. To submit such a request, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inspection and copies. You have the right to inspect and copy your PHI. You must submit your request in writing to Phenix Health. Phenix Health may impose a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, labor and supplies associated with your request. Phenix Health may deny your request to inspect and/or copy your PHI in certain limited circumstances. If that occurs, Phenix Health will inform you of the reason for the denial, and you may request a review of the denial. To submit such a request, email email@example.com.
- Complaints. You may complain to Phenix Health and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated. To submit such a request, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any complaints should be submitted to our privacy officer via the communication channels set out above. We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Privacy Act. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this process, then you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
- Further information. If you would like more information about your privacy rights, please send an email to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
Technical and data security encryption FAQs
- Data security: All clinical data is stored on the server, it is based on DYG (download as you go) module. Data in motion and at rest is encrypted with a 256bit layer SSL encryption.
All passwords are currently encrypted in MD5# which is secure one way encryption (password cannot be recovered if lost, only reset).
- Data sovereignty: All health records are owned by the patient and are only hosted by PH, and are under patient’s control, our servers are based in Australia, so Australian e-Health Records (EHR) rules are applicable.
Under corporate / group subscription, any patient signing up or added into their network, is managed and controlled and owned by the organization (Primary), PH is only responsible to host this data.
- Scope of stored data: All data pertaining to a definition of EHR is stored into PH Australian server, which includes doctor notes, history, device data readings, medications, reports, transaction history, personal preferences (pharmacy details, treating doctor).
- Payments: billing process and roles, merchant gateways and security (particularly if retaining data PH is well integrated with Paypal’s API. We are using Paypal for this, and credit card information will be saved on the PayPal’ site, not on our site and PayPal is more secure in itself, we will encrypt the payment request with MD 5 security token which is again in encrypted format. No financial data is stored on PH servers.
- Hardware support: PH is not a Windows Application.The hardware support for medical devices extends to iOS and Android, PH uses native software stack to integrate Bluetooth devices.
- Technical support for users (particularly after-hours): Although great care and detail has been put in while designing PH, we believe any technical issues which may present by end users would only be device pairing and minor questions, for which we have an extensive step by step tutorial videos built into the app. In addition our administration centre is available for 24/7-365 service issues. Should they be more complicated and are required to be taken back to the developer we can provide a 6 hr turnaround response.
Users may find advertising or other content on our site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
All health professionals are engaged with Phenix Health as contractors. Phenix Health checks their qualifications, AHPRA registration status and compliance and relevant and necessary professional liability insurances. Phenix Health employees are covered under Workcover. Phenix Health always has current professional liability and products insurance to cover our virtual health consults. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our employees and contractors comply with the recording and sharing of our users personal information.
In addition if your personal information is governed by the GDPR or the UK Data Protection Act, you may have additional rights as set out below summary:
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the information’s accuracy;
- where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. If this obligation applies, we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this site, devices and APP, you acknowledge your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site, Devices and APP. Your continued use of the site, Devices and APP following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on 15th March 2021